Jesus used many different ways to teach. He preached, he lectured, he used object lessons, and he told parables. Parables are short fictional stories that use common everyday objects and people to communicate a truth. In Jesus case, he used it to speak truths about God, His Kingdom, and how we are to treat each other as his disciples.
Over the remaining months of Doer Group, we are going to
(1) Learn how to read a parable.
(2) Learn the character of God and who he's called us to be.
If you would like a hard copy of the curriculum, please let me know and I'll get that for you.
APRIL - MAY
Week 6 - May 23 - The Lost Things
Suggestions for Preparation:
- Make sure to spend approximately 1-2 hrs in preparation each week. I'd encourage you to do more, but that is up to you. Please try to do at least 1 hour of preparation.
- Don't prep on Sunday afternoon the week of. You will not be ready.
- I make many spelling and grammar mistakes. Sorry.